Man, 40, dies, Girl faints during alleged sex romp in Ebonyi

…. Police say generator fumes caused death not sex

By Chinwe Imo-Eze Onwosi

The body of an unidentified man, in his late 40s, have been found  and his female partner,   unconscious while allegedly having  sex in Ebonyi State.

The incident, it was gathered, took place at Amazing Grace Lodge, in Ndufu-Alike community in the Ikwo Local Government Area of Ebonyi State, on Monday.

THE VOICE gathered from a community source, who pleaded anonymity, that “We just the information from the Police Station in the area here of what happened. Personally, I don’t know what really happened.

“But the whole news was that the man and the lady were having sex and like I said, I don’t know what played out, but the man died. When the Police broke into the apartment ,the girl in question was unconscious; while the man was confirmed dead.

“Since then , the story has remained the same. Nobody has actually told us a different thing from what the police, other than that the girl has been unconscious. So, that was what happened. And honestly, we don’t know whether the girl is a student or not.”

But when contacted, the Ebonyi State Command of the Nigerian Police Force, said the man died of fumes from Generator set , and not during sex.

The Command’s Police Public Relations Officer, Mrs Loveth Odah, stated this in a telephone interview with our Correspondent, in Abakaliki, on Wednesday.

According to Odah, “It was reported at the Ikwo Divisional Headquarters that two persons (a man and a lady) and the lady being a victim of the recent Izzi/Ikwo crisis, who had machete cuts on her body and was undergoing treatment.

“But her family didn’t allow her to remain in a hospital while receiving treatment. So, she went to quarry site where she went to work and met a man, who was equally picking stones for sale at the quarry site. According to an informant, it was late and they (the lady and the man) went home together. The man just decided to accommodate the lady that night.

“It was when they slept off that fumes from the Generator they put on , got inside the apartment and affected them. So, the DPO immediately moved to the place and when they opened the door it was discovered that the man had died and the woman was still unconscious. It was then that the DPO immediately took the lady to a nearby hospital for treatment. And I can tell you that she is stable now.

“So, they were not having sex when the man died. Even it was found that the lady was on her menses two days before the incident. And medically, it has been proven that it was fumes from Generator that kills the man and was about killing the lady, too.”

Previous articleIzzi/Ikwo Crisis: suspect in killing of 5 children arrested, paraded before Gov. Umahi
Next articleEbonyi Information Ministry Partner FRSC On Road Safety Sensitization


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here