Ebonyi State Government has dismissed the alleged Federal High Court’s order to the Central Bank of Nigeria to deduct N40 billion from the Federation Allocation Account of the state to Andrew Bishopton Nig. Ltd.
The state Commissioner for Information and State Orientation, Barr. Uchenna Orji, while briefing newsmen in Abakaliki. on Wednesday at the Old Government House, described the claims as mischievous and called on the public to discredit the claims of the firm as a mere figment of their self aggrandizing imagination.
Orji said the allegations that the financial accounts of the state government had been garnished through a court order. Shows that the firm was only up for mischief against the State Government having severally testified that the Government was not indebted to them previously.
“The attention of Ebonyi State Government has been drawn to a trending publication credited to one firm known as and called Andrew Bishopton Nig. Limited and its partners, Mauritz Walton Nig Ltd claiming that they got order of the Court to garnish the accounts of Ebonyi State Government.
“The general public is enjoined to discountenance the claims, thereof, as shenanigans of unscrupulous elements who are on a forum shopping over a clearly and notoriously baseless allegation of performing consultancy services for the Government of Ebonyi, and please discard their claims as vaulting ambitions of greedy people who are on fruitless enterprise and wild-goose chase looking undeservedly for funds meant for the development of Ebonyi State. It added,
“The State Government had in different communications extracted confessions from the representatives of Andrew Bishopton Nig Limited to the effect that the said company and its partners acted in bad faith and had no contractual basis to make claims against the State Government and or the Local Government Councils in the State in respect of any transaction executed or services rendered whatsoever for or on behalf of the State Government and or Local Government Councils.”Orji stated.